Carer Support Service
Welcome to Guideposts Carer Support Service…
…supporting people within Warwickshire who look after someone with an illness or disability
Who is a carer?
- A carer is someone who, without payment, provides help and support to a relative, friend or neighbour who could not manage without their help due to age, sickness, disability or addiction..
- Both men and women are carers and they can be of any age and background, with many combining their caring role with a paid job.
- Being a carer can be rewarding but it can also affect your life, health, personal relationships, family, employment, leisure and finance. It can also be very isolating.
- Many carers do not recognise themselves as carers seeing only their role as husband, wife, son, daughter, neighbour, etc. Therefore they may be unaware of the help which they can get or the services which are available to them.
How can Guideposts Carers Support Service help you?
- Information about Guideposts Carers Support Service