Fundraising for Guideposts
We are delighted you are interested in fundraising for us.
Guideposts relies entirely on the generosity and admirable energy of people like you to fund our vital work and the essential services we provide.
By organising your own fundraising you can make a contribution, however big or small, to helping people in need of all ages to live the very best life they can and with dignity at the heart of their local communities.
Whether you are on your own or as a group, whether you run, climb mountains, bake cakes, or make music, and whether you have an hour, a week or a month to spare your efforts will make a huge difference.
At Guideposts, we raise money in lots of different ways:
- We run fundraising appeals and sell tickets in our seasonal raffles.
- We work with our corporate partners in Charity of the Year partnerships .
- We accept all kinds of donations, from one-off donations and money left in a will to monthly direct debits and donations in memory.
- We receive support from funders, trusts and foundations which makes a vital difference to the lives of the people we support
- Telephone fundraising: we call supporters to ask them to increase the amount they give, or to give a further gift for a special appeal, to recruit fundraising volunteers or sell raffle tickets
We also rely on our network of fantastic supporters who fundraise for us organising their own coffee mornings, cake sales, pub quizzes, fun runs, sponsored sky dives and mountain climbing and many other kinds of event to raise money on our behalf.
With this support, we can fund care and support services and run vital services like the Dementia Information Line, Dreams4Children [hyperlinks to these]. Without it, our fight for a world where all people are valued and have an equality of opportunity would not be possible. Find out more about how money helps
Get some inspiration from our ideas page and download our Fundraising Guide for more information or see our ideas page about ways to fundraise and how to get started